Sunday, April 23, 2023

Vengeance Rising - Battle 16 - 1500 TK vs Empire - B&G - Game 2

 Was keen to make this list work so a re-match was in order!


Blood & Glory Game 2

Tomb Kings

Level 4
32 Archers
4 Chariots - flaming
2 x Warsphinx
Necrosphinx
Casket

Empire

Waraltar
BSB - Pegasus
Engineer
5 Knights - Std, Mus
40 Halberdiers
4 Demigryph Knights
Cannon
Helblaster

Deployment:






Spell selection:

Level 4 - Smiting, Cursed Blades, Desiccation, protection

Emp 1






Banishment on east Warsphinx does a single wound.

TK 1






LOD does nothing. Cursed blades on Necrosphinx.

DGK take 2 wounds from shooting.

Emp 2




BSB charges chariots.

Archlector casts re-roll wounds within 6" of him.

Helblaster shoots western sphinx and does 1 wound. Cannon misfires.

In combat the BSB does 2 wounds and a further chariot crumbles.

TK 2



Warsphinx fails to charge knights.

Cursed blades onto chariots and heals.

Archers kill a DMK.

Combat I crumble another chariot.

Emp 3




DMK charge into NS.

Re-rolls to wound goes off IF.

Helblaster kills 1 archer.

Necrosphinx is on one wound after doing a single one.

Lose another chariot.

TK 3


Warsphinx chargers Archlector and the other into knights.

LOD does nothing. Cursed blades onto the Warsphinx against Archlector, powered up smiting

goes off regening some wounds here and there.

9 halberdiers drop to archers. Fail panic and run off the board.

Warsphinx kills 3 knights and breaks them, I reform to face BSB general direction.

Chariots do FA and crumble 1 more.

NS drops. Demiknights face archers.

Archlector wounds Warsphinx. I do nothing back.

Emp3



DMK charge archers.

Warsphinx does no damage. BSB kills remaining chariots. Demiknights slot my general winning the day for the Empire.

Result - Empire Victory.

Conclusion:

Where to start. Maybe I'm playing too aggressively with the Sphinx list but in essence they aren't that difficult to take out of the equation. 6's to wound anything is the bane here and for the next game I'm keen to swap them out for another configuration (unit of knights and a unit of stalkers and enter in two SSC for some ranged support). I think those additions would suit my playstyle a lot better. Oh and I also think I'm going to get rid of the chariots for a few games and bring in more archers. They just don't suit my playstyle and I'd rather be sitting back unloading S3 goodness into the enemy than scooting around flanks playing tag.

Those Demigryph knights are the premium infantry blenders, just amazing and very cheap for what they do! There achilles heel though however - toughness 3. Sure they've got a 1+ armour save however if you put enough firepower into them those 1's will surely come up. Drop a nice desiccation into them as well and our arrows start wounding them on 3's which is something to be mindful of.

My opponent was talking about dropping his Archlector and adding in another unit of Demigryph knights, what a head ache that would be if he did this!!

I'm my own worst enemy in this game. I think I rush a little too much in regards to making snap decisions and running with it without fully analysing what my opponent will do. I should have repositioned my Eastern warsphinx on turn 1 to cover the flank of the chariots rather than move it out of position, this could have swung everything but it was not to be.

Hopefully next game I would have my much needed revenge against the Empire which I'm yet to get a win against in the new edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment