Sunday, August 6, 2023

Vengeance Rising - Battle 24 - Tomb Kings vs Dwarfs (Big September 2012 Tournament)

Big September - Game 3


Game 3 after our bye took place shortly after a gut full of chicken and cheese sandwiches, gherkins, biccie and dip and a chai latte I was ready to get back into gaming for the day. :)

After the random order was determined I was up against......Dwarfs.....again. yay, how exciting.

My opponents army:

Runelord on Anvil
Thane
BSB
Slayer
3 Blocks of infantry
Shooty bits
2 grudgethrowers
2 cannons
2 x 5 miners

I honestly have deleted this game from my memory and you'll soon see why.

Deployment:



My op won the roll off and proceeded to ignite his gunpowder.

Dwarf Turn 1:

Anvil allows slayer to charge the Horse Archers. Shooting removes lots'o'knights.





Tomb Kings Turn 1:

A poison forest helps the archers drop a few warriors with bowfire. I manage Birona's and Protection on the Knights.




Dwarfs Turn 2:

Opponent rolls more dice, I remove more Knights. Anvil allows Warriors to flank charge Knights. Crumble a few and no reform for you sir...




Tomb Kings Turn 2:

Stalkers don't arrive. I throw 3D6 at Pha's and promptly miscast and don't I know it? Dimensional cascade. Yep, that's a wrap folks. General decides now is the time to jump into the interdimensional portal to the heart of the Primordial evil and be gone. Lots of skeleton archers shrivel and before turning green into the hulk and destroying the very suburb I'm playing in I congratulate my opponent on a win and walk away to calm my nerves.




Result - 20 - 0 Dwarfs.

Conclusion:

What a s*** excuse for a second game. It certainly wasn't the opponent that beat me, it was his army. Anyone could have picked up dice and thrown them and had the same result. It's no doubt the most boring game of warhammer I've ever played by far and dwarfs can eat aids and all die.

We discussed at length with the team after the game and I think our Dark Elves player would have been better equipped to take on this army with his speed however it was just not meant to be. I simply didn't have the right tools to tackle this army. The options for this would include more stalkers, Arkhan/Death Priest etc.

Anyway, I reached for the jar of gherkins and contemplated my next opponent....

No comments:

Post a Comment