Friday, August 11, 2023

Vengeance Rising - Battle 26 - Tomb Kings vs Ogre Kingdoms (Big September 2012 Tournament)

This was the final game for the Big September tournament for 2012. The previous game can be found here.

It was time for game 5 after throwing down some pizza and working out rankings. I was against Ed and his Ogres and I'd lost to Ed a few years back against his Skaven so it would be a good way to see if I'd improved as a player.

This report is going to be a very quick summary as it's been over a week since we played and I'm plucking all the info from my head.

His army from memory:

Slaughtermaster - Level 4, Glitter Scales, Fencers Blades, Great Maw
Level 2 - Hellheart, Beasts
BSB
7 Bulls
7 Ironguts
3 Leadbelchers
3 Mournfang
Ironblaster
10 gnoblars
2 Sabretusks
5 Maneaters - Poison, Sniper

Deployment:




Ogres won the first turn.


Ogres Turn 1

Opponent wasted no time in moving up in an aggressive manner Ogre style. I took some damage on my knights with pistols and leadbelcher fire. Amber spear hits my Hierotitan doing 2 wounds.




Tomb Kings Turn 1

Horse archers move up and ping a wound off the Sabretusk on the East. I manage a direct hit with onto the Mournfang only inflicting 2 wounds and secondly they pass their panic test. :( LOD is dispelled but I'm pretty sure a bubble Pha's protection gets up.



Ogres Turn 2

Mournfang charge Horse archers and destroy them no problems reforming to face squishy centre. Everything slowly advances. Necroknights take a few more shooting wounds.




Tomb Kings Turn 2

Necroknights charge into Gnoblars kill and overrun into leadbelchers.

Stalkers arrive and move up behind the Maneaters. Hierophant jumps into nearby unit. Ogres pop Hellheart causing minimal damage.

I fire SSC and archers into Bulls panicking them and they run.




Ogres Turn 3

Mournfang charge into Horse archers, pop them and overrun into archers. Ironblaster charges in to support Leadbelchers.




Tomb Kings Turn 3

Memory is getting sketchy here. I declare charges with the Knights, stalkers, and Hierotitan into the Maneaters. The Hierotitan fails the charge. I try and take out the Sabretusk before he hits my SSC but fail. (Didn't move Ironguts last turn). I kill a few maneaters and they do enough to hold with the BSB support.



Ogres Turn 4

Ironguts charge into Knights. Sabretusk charges into SSC.

Ogres rally.

I challenge and the Slaughtermaster accepts doing nil damage to one another. SSC pops.



Tomb Kings Turn 4

Ironguts break from combat. BSB dies. Knights are killed on the East.



Ogres Turn 5

Memory failing. Ogres charge into stalkers. Sabretusk fail to charge SSC. Mournfang destroy Archers in combat. Stalkers and Knights slot Maneaters and cause enough damage for Ogres to break. I reform with Knights and pursue with Stalkers however fail to catch.



Tomb Kings Turn 5

Necroknights charge into Leadbelchers, Hierotitan fails the charge. Stalkers charge into Ogres fleeing them off the board.



Ogres Turn 6

Mournfang charge into archers. Ironguts rally. Ironblaster shoots Casket.



Tomb Kings Turn 6

Hierotitan charges Leadbelchers to help finish them off.




Result - 10-10 Draw.

What a tough battle for me. Had any LOD or panic tests manage to sneak through onto the mournfang it would have been nice to pump out a bit more fire power into the centre before committing.

With our final game after the scores were tallied it turns out our team placed 3rd in the event so we were pretty happy with that as it was totally unexpected. In the overall rankings I managed to tie for equal 7th place so once again much better than I had expected.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment